- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
ISL 27R – Senior Business Systems Analyst, e-Commerce
ISL 27R – Senior Business Systems Analyst, e-Commerce – (50561)
Posting Title: ISL 27R – Senior Business Systems Analyst, e-Commerce
Position Classification: Information Systems R27
Location: Vancouver, BC V8W 2S8 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $67,418.93 – $77,019.79 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Close Date: 5/22/2018
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division: BC Liquor Distribution Branch
Senior Business Systems Analyst, e-Commerce
Information Systems R27
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst E-commerce (BSA) leads the analysis and provides consulting services to plan on-going business and technology needs consistent with BC Liquor Distribution Branch’s strategic plans.
Serves as a liaison between lines of business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT and Business Technology systems and capabilities. Analyses lines of business operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments to business partners by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of E-commerce Systems, Omnichannel digital technology and digital ecosystem trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to supported business units to improve operations and enhance the LDB’s competitive edge. May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
This position evaluates business systems varying in complexity and business significance and ensures clients requirements and priorities are understood and met throughout the systems development life cycle. This position is responsible to know and understand industry best practices and approaches to business challenges and their relation to systems solution. The position is responsible for completing detailed end-to-end business analysis, obtaining clear definition of business requirements and translating them into functional specifications, developing cost-benefit/alternative analysis, risk assessments, recommendations, and preparing branch standard documentation. The position also identifies time frames, resources/ budget requirements and presents findings to both IT and Business Leaders.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst’s emphasis is on building effective and productive working relationships with all stakeholders and continually seeks opportunities to strengthen client satisfaction. To fulfil its responsibilities and achieve the goals and objectives of the department, the position must develop and maintain the following relationships:
- Program Managers: to identify how technology can be used more effectively to resolve business and/or organization issues.
- Branch Directors and Senior Management: to identify opportunities for IT service improvements, to assist with business process re-engineering and to identify potential technologies to support and provide business opportunities.
- Branch staff: to communicate and develop IT support procedures/processes and to support the business in resolving technology related business issues.
- IT Leadership and Senior Staff: to provide knowledge of business processes and business challenges for IT planning and change request priority setting.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list may be established for this position and/or other similar positions that support the Retail, Wholesale and Corporate business areas. A criminal record check is required.
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below
Contact: Parminder Randhawa, Manager e-Commerce and Digitization
Visit Careers at www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline and/or certification in business analysis (e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certified Competency in Business Analysis) combined with a minimum of six years of recent, related experience*. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
*Recent, related experience must include:
- Business analysis including working with business users and subject matter experts to produce requirement, gap analysis, business process design, business rules and other analysis work products.
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle and systems development life cycle.
- Experience with enterprise Ecommerce systems and multichannel Ecommerce operations
- Experience with customer facing technologies, web, mobile and digital in-store technologies
Experience with multiple of the following business systems and process is required:
- Hosted cloud ecommerce systems, integrations, applications, interfaces processes: WCMS, PIM, Payment, Order Management, Marketing Tooling, Digital Merchandizing, Email and Transactional Messaging, Shipping and transportation,
- Analytics and Reporting, Inventory management, Customer Care and Service CRM
Experience with several of the following business systems and processes are preferred:
- POS, Warehouse Manage Systems, Inventory, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, ecommerce web platforms and digital ecosystems
- Expert knowledge of the following tools: MS Office, MS Project, VISIO
- Knowledge of IT systems and trends in information technology
- Knowledge of business modeling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis methodology
Preference may be given to those candidates with knowledge of:
- Branch and Government business systems and processes (i.e. RFP, Budgeting) preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal /relationship management skills to gain acceptance from all levels within the organization of planning strategies, recommended solutions and getting agreement on priorities and requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex information effectively at all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.
- Strong ability to produce detailed written documentation.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: