Senior Governance and Strategy Analyst *Amended*
Information Systems R27
Amendment: August 27th (Posting title amended, job category Natural Resources removed)
An eligibility list may be established.
Apply your sound judgement, decision-making and analytical skills in a key leadership role
In this role you will manage the development and implementation of a system of Information Management and Information Technology (IM/IT) planning processes, decision making processes, project governance and project delivery processes in order to achieve the vision and goals of multiple supported organizations.
The senior governance and strategy analyst manages large complex Information Technology projects with significant financial and operation impacts, a range of stakeholders, and assigned resources. As the project manager, you will be accountable for defining and controlling all project activities to ensure delivery within scope, schedule, budget and specified quality.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please seeWhat We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating adiverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Laura.Whitehorne@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in computer science, business administration, public administration, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Some completed coursework in project management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with project management life cycle processes and project management methodologies.
- Experience managing information technology projects at a senior level including:
- Managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a significant project that affects many external stakeholders/partners;
- Managing relationships with senior level stakeholders;
- Directing the work of other project managers, professional employees, project team members and consultants;
- Coordination of resources, budget and contract management;
- Preparation of presentations and briefing materials for senior level stakeholders.
- Experience with project governance including:
- Designing, implementing and administering information technology project governance frameworks and processes;
- Managing the development and implementation of project governance processes and project methodology standards and practices;
- Developing and managing project management standards, templates and processes and providing advice, guidance and quality assurance on deliverables.
- Experience managing information technology projects for government organizations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading, mentoring and supervising staff in a unionized environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with procurement or contract management and contract administration processes, including all phases of the procurement lifecycle.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.