Senior Network Security Analyst
Information Systems R27
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills!
As the Senior Network Security Analyst, you will lead the proactive discovery activities within the Provinces’ IT Security Operations. The Senior Network Security Analyst will conduct web application vulnerability assessments, code reviews, penetration tests, and network vulnerability assessments of government environments and applications in both the cloud and locally hosted.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Chris.L.Chen@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, certification in computer science or related field. OR;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience in the computer science or data networking field.
- 5 years’ experience working at a senior technical analyst level in a large network environment.
- Experience managing large scale security infrastructure projects.
Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
- With a professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Experience with vulnerability assessment methodologies, tools and techniques used to conduct web application vulnerability assessments, network vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Experience with creating security solutions that utilize AWS, Azure and (optionally) Google Cloud
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with OWASP, SANS or other security-related frameworks
- Experience with UNIX platform administration
- Experience with IT security architecture or service development
- Experience with IT Network or Security Vendor Certifications
- 3 years or more of project management experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.