Senior Technical Analyst
Information Systems R27
Three regular, full time positions are currently available in Victoria.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies in Victoria and/or Coquitlam.
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The purpose of the Senior Technical Analyst is to manage the acquisition and servicing of infrastructure technology products and related services, develop and establish computer systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards and provide advice and counsel to branch and ministry staff, clients and vendors.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry opens up B.C. through innovative, forward-thinking transportation strategies that move people and goods safely, and fuel out provincial economy. Improvement of vital infrastructure is a key goal, along with enhancing the competitiveness of B.C.’s transportation industries, reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions and providing B.C. with a safe and reliable highway system.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Janelle.Heron@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in computer science field or equivalent and three years of related experience*; OR,
- Diploma in computer science field or equivalent and five years of related experience*; OR,
- Secondary School graduation or equivalent and ten years of related experience*.
- *Related experience must include all of the following:
- Experience managing projects, developing action plans, and leading technical teams for large technical projects in an IM/IT enterprise environment.
- Experience in assessing customer requirements, and implementing technical and business solutions.
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems.
- Experience evaluating technology architecture and new technologies in order to implement new application architecture solutions that satisfy business needs.
- Experience providing technical advice and guidance to work teams, managers and executive.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience supporting automated deployment and/or continuous integration of technical infrastructure.Provisos/Willingness Statements:
- Willingness to provide on call 24-hour support during peak periods.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.