Senior Technical Systems Analyst
Information Systems R27
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional.
The Senior Technical Systems Analyst will be involved in Industrial Control System (ICS) and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects such as:
- Regional Transportation Management Centre (RTMC) Remediation: The purpose of this project is to complete the cybersecurity control actions the Ministry is undertaking on all information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) at the RTMC and in the field where lane control systems are installed: Lions Gate Bridge, George Massey Tunnel, and Cassiar Tunnel. The Senior Technical Systems Analyst will work closely with ITS Electrical Engineers and is involved in installation, management, maintenance and support of traffic management systems including the video collection and distribution system used by RTMC operators for traffic monitoring.
The Senior Technical Systems Analyst will lead the design, development and implementation of Ministry information systems, and provide advice and counsel to branch and ministry staff, clients and vendors. The Senior Technical Systems Analyst will also design ICS architectures and maintain ICS technology throughout its life cycle.
You will provide expert advice to senior staff and lead multiple project teams as well as provide ongoing operational leadership for cross-government application services.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Janelle.Heron@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in computer science field or equivalent and three years of related experience; OR,
- Diploma in computer science field or equivalent and five years of related experience; OR,
- Secondary School graduation or equivalent and ten years of related experience.
- Minimum three years of experience with Enterprise Systems Administration.
- Minimum two years of experience with UNIX/Linux system administration.
- Minimum two years of experience with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system infrastructure (e.g. Open Platform Communications (OPC) servers, Control Servers and Industrial Field Servers.)
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Industrial Control Systems (ICS), including setting up application firewall rules and port configuration.
- Experience working with a variety of remote monitoring data systems and technologies.
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience evaluating technology infrastructure and new technologies in order to implement new application solutions that satisfy business needs.
- Experience providing technical advice and guidance to work teams and managers.
- Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following experience:
- Automated/continuous deployment/build tools (i.e. Jenkins)
- Administering version control systems (i.e. Git or Subversion)
- Willing and able to provide on call 24-hour support during peak periods.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.