Senior UX Designer
Information Systems R27
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies. Currently there is 1 full-time position.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professionalThe Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for supervising a team of User Experience Designers, and designing and delivering the user experience and evolving the product vision.
You will provide expert advice to senior staff and lead multiple project teams as well as provide ongoing operational leadership for cross-government application services.
British Columbia’s Natural Resource Ministries (NRMs) are the stewards of the Province’s Crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbian’s. In order to support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province’s NRMs must transform in order to advance the shared management of British Columbia’s natural resources.
The Information, Innovation, and Technology (IIT) Division is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRMs through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management /information technology (IM/IT). The IIT Division is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy, and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRMs.
The IIT’s vision is innovation that matters. Our vision is to empower our self-managed teams connected by common goals to experiment, adapt and share. We are driven to build and create applications in a sustainable, responsive, and transparent manner for the benefit of British Columbia and it’s people.
The work is organized in Scrum Agile or Kanban workflows depending on the nature of the engagement with teams comprised of ministry staff and contractors.
Working for the BC Public Service:
When you join us, you’ll enjoy health and other benefits like paid and unpaid leaves, professional development, career mobility, flexible work options and more.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Dea.Dejarisco@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree or diploma in a design or technology discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least three years of experience as a UX Designer or in a similar role or capacity.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading or working with the project/product team and/or product owners to develop user requirements and design solutions
- Experience designing for the web and mobile, including accessible and responsive design, graphic design, interaction design and data visualization
- Experience working in an agile, digital product-focused development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to iteratively create and improve digital products and services
- Experience with related UX practices and skills, including content design, content strategy and information architecture
- Experience producing and working with design pattern/asset libraries
- Experience in data visualization and familiarity with products (BI tools) and approaches
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Demonstrated ability to produce impeccable production-ready web interfaces
- Experience mentoring and supporting less experienced UX practitioners
- Experience in supporting Product Owners in setting direction and priorities based on user goals and needs.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES– Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Please limit your resume to 3 pages.
Questionnaire: YES– (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.