Senior Wholesale Systems Analyst IS R27, Vancouver, Regular, Full Time Salary: IS R27 $67,418.93 to 77,019.79 per annum PLUS 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain. Effective October 17, 2018 the LDB has added wholesaling and retailing of non-medical cannabis –named LDB Cannabis Operations to the existing business of wholesaling and retailing of Liquor.
LDB’s Information Technology Division (IT) provides reliable, responsive and secure systems and services to support LDB in operational excellence and delivering superior customer service.
The LDB’s Information Technology Division consists of six departments and 23 distinctive units, with 200+ FTEs. IT has adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages a combination of internal and external expertise, including outsourced services, contracted services and shared services, to deliver the IT mandate of supporting current operations and future business needs. Strategic plans, governance of standards and risk management are all developed internally to support Divisional and Corporate goals.
The Senior Systems Analyst leads the design and development of IT systems, develops design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post implementation support and system enhancements through the various phases of the application development life cycle. Undertakes integration work which has a significant impact across the IT environment and client departments. This position is responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, developing, testing and implementing effective solutions to meet requirements.
This position oversees system applications’ maintenance and enhancements varying in complexity, cost and business significance entailing both short and long term projects that may be either of a self-contained nature or ones which require the assignment, coordination and monitoring of work performed by other team or project resources to support the business objectives of the BC Liquor Distribution Branch.
Possesses experience client/server environments including the implementation and support of resource planning, sales automation, financial and distribution systems.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement of this competition. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Hector Wong, Manager, Wholesale Systems, Information Technology – Business Systems Services by phone at 604-252-2976. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience
- Formal post-secondary education in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience identifying key project milestones and producing project deliverables (ie. Test plans, migration plans).
- Experience leading small project teams (5-7 people) including application developers, business area users and technical resources.
- Experience with several of the following business systems/technologies are required:
Wholesale – Systems analysis experience with wholesale supply chain systems and processes – Demand Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management Systems, Labour Management, Replenishment, Inventory Management, Customs, Excise.
- Knowledge of database systems (ie. Oracle, Sql Server).
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of scripting.
- Knowledge and recognition of the benefits of adherence to systems lifecycle methodologies.
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure (ie. Networking, testing methodologies, network level security)
- Knowledge of SOA Architecture.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively to all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.
- Ability to support routine process in personal computer and in-house/cloud server systems.
- Ability to set up, monitor, and back up all existing and new systems including Windows Server.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation