Full Stack Developer Level 3 Team Lead
Information Systems R30
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professionalThe Information Systems Branch within the Ministry of the Attorney General enables transformation in the Justice Sector through citizen-focused, timely and transparent IM/IT service delivery, strengthened capabilities and governance for the benefit of British Columbians. The branch’s primary vision is to partner with the Ministry’s program areas to deliver high quality IM/IT solutions and services for clients and citizens.
Within a DevOps environment, this position leads a team of developer and operational generalists as part of an Agile Scrum Team and reports to an excluded manager. The work is focused on enabling cross sector service integration, by modernizing applications through developing, implementing, integrating, operationalizing, and maintaining APIs and other integration tools in support of ministry or government strategic and operational goals.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Justin.Hewitt@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Other combination of education, experience and/or training may be considered.
- Minimum four years’ recent experience as a Full Stack Developer of cloud-native systems.
- Recent experience must include a combination of experience in all four (4) of the following areas:
- Frontend Development,
- Backend Development,
- DevSecOps (Automated Operations and Support), and
- Quality Assurance.
- Experience working in an agile development environment to iteratively create or improve digital products and services from conception to production.
- Experience with REST Web API development and integration.
- Experience with Java based software development, J2EE Web Development and applications
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment principles.
- Specific experience should include, but not limited to:
- API development and integration and continuous development environments.
- Jenkins and similar continuous integration technologies.
- Version control technologies such as subversion and Git and development in an open source environment.
- 2 years’ experience in the supervision of multi-disciplinary staff for the provision of corporate application integration services and providing technical advice to work teams.
- 2 years’ experience leading agile software development methodologies and IT change management processes.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following experience
- In a security focus, in both Linux and Microsoft environments
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, Maven, Oracle, Postgres and Wildfly
- Leveraging tools JIRA and Confluence.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.