Application Architect******AMENDMENT – POSTING CLOSING DATE EXTENDED UNTIL FEBRUARY 10TH 2019******
Information Systems 30
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills.
The Social Sector Information Services Division provides sector-based information technology services to the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) and the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (MSDPR).
We are looking for an Application Architect to join our team where you will manage the planning, development, and delivery of multiple critical business applications, to provide technical expertise, standards, and guidance on industry good practice to teams of systems professionals, and to provide advice to management and senior ministry staff on strategic direction for service development.
If you thrive in an environment dedicated to cooperation and teamwork, and enjoy working towards group and organizational goals, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Michael.Pardaens@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 5 years *related experience; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline and 6 years *related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have an ITIL certification.
*Related experience must include:
- Experience in managing and supporting major business applications, in multiple areas, such as planning, designing, developing, supporting or maintaining applications.
- Experience developing and managing relationships with senior level stakeholders.
- Experience in monitoring the operation of large enterprise applications, remediating failures and performance issues, and applying disciplined change management practices.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects.
- Experience assigning, monitoring and reviewing the work of project teams and contractors.
- Experience evaluating technology architectures and new technologies.
Preference may be given to those candidates who have:
- Experience with project management methodology and IT change management processes.
- Experience working with cloud technologies.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.