Portfolio Lead (ITS)
Information Systems R30
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
The Portfolio Lead (ITS) leads the provision of business analysis/consulting services and plans ongoing business and technology needs consistent with government and ministry strategic plans, system standards and interfacing requirements of other ministries and agencies; functions as a senior level specialist, implementing strategies and standards to be followed by other IT staff.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Janelle.Heron@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in computer science field or business or equivalent and four years related experience*; or
- Diploma in computer science field or business or equivalent and six years related experience*; or
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and ten years of related experience*.
- *Related experience must include the following:
- Managing information technology projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Minimum two years’ experience providing business analysis for key front line systems with complex interactive business processes.
- Minimum two years’ experience in the supervision of staff.
- Minimum two years’ experience in change management processes and/or project management methodologies.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have a designation as a Project Management Professional, or equivalent.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience leading consultation sessions.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.