***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.***
Team Lead, Technical Shared Services
Information Systems R30
Competition: PC 19:47165
Geographically Restricted: No
Security Screening: Required
Why work with us?
At BC Pension Corporation, we are committed to our people. We are an organization with wellbeing at its core; offering an outstanding workplace experience where all employees can achieve their full potential. Some highlights of what we offer include:
- Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family, including 100% employer paid MSP premium coverage
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
One in nine BC citizens is a member of one of the five pension plans we serve
To learn more about us and how you can be a part of a culture that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What is the opportunity?
The Team Lead, Technical Shared Services manages and leads a team of technical experts that are responsible for platform management (for application development) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools management.
The team determines approaches, processes, and procedures for integrating new technology into the existing and new application infrastructure(s); defines, implements and maintains core application infrastructure; and manages ALM solutions that automate processes and enable product teams to deliver quality applications.
Within the scope of these areas, this position will provide guidance and direction in the adoption of best practices and standards, establish processes and standards to ensure quality services are delivered, and ensures the development platform is robust and supports current and future applications.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and five years of recent experience in a complex application environment, supporting large, diverse, corporate business applications.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of four years of recent experience supervising and leading technical staff;
- A minimum of two years of recent experience planning, managing, and implementing platform upgrades;
- A minimum of two years of recent experience managing/implementing ALM or development tools.
- Experience creating, implementing and documenting technical processes and standards.
- Experience in application development with a variety of system development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, DevOps).
- Experience with IT change and release management processes.
- Experience with contract and vendor management, including managed services.
Interested in applying?
To learn more about the Team Lead, Technical Shared Services position, please review the job description at the bottom of this page.
|Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history to clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements as listed above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job-related responsibilities.
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level. An eligibility list may be established. Testing may be required.
We thank you for your interest in working with us. You will be informed of your status in this competition as soon as possible
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.