Position: IT Intern Closing: 8:00 a.m. March 12, 2018
Term: Up to one-year Contract
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for Urban and Rural First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people in Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
We are currently seeking a motivated, conscientious, self-starter to join our Corporate Services team at our Head Office in Sault Ste. Marie. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to gain valuable experience while contributing to the growth of the organization.
As the IT Intern, under the direction of the Director of Corporate Services, you will be primarily responsible for aiding the IT department with a variety of IT-related day-to-day activities and assisting with various IT projects.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Supporting OAHS’s mission and vision and make significant contributions to the achievement of the corporate strategic plan;
- Contributing to achievement of division and organization key performance indicators;
- Assist in providing internal IT support, such as server security, software updates, and hardware maintenance;
- Install computer equipment, including printers, scanners, VOIP telephone sets;
- Perform scheduled routine server/computer maintenance;
- Assist in providing technical advice and assistance to employees and deliver training to new users of existing technology;
- Assist in assigning user names, email and passwords for employees and reset as required;
- Knowledge of browser compatibility problems for all platforms and major browser types;
- Responsible for staying informed on new and emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and clients., and;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Completed a post-secondary degree or diploma in the field of Computer Science or related program;
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Citrix Server, SBS Server;
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Exchange Server Email and Office 365;
- A broad understanding of hardware and software, operating systems and basic computer programming;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a highly motivated, professional and results-oriented team;
- Strong interpersonal, and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to contribute to achievement of team goals;
- Ability to communicate professionally using multiple channels with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization;
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills;
- Appreciation for Indigenous culture and a values system that believes in assisting people;
The successful candidate will have the following Program Requirements:
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
- Must be first time employment in field of study;
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time;
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The current position is approved for a one-year contract; however, consideration may be given for extension of that period and/or future full-time employment. The successful applicant must meet the NOHFC eligibility requirements for their internship programs. This is a “paid” internship program.
Your application letter and current resume, including confirmation of eligibility, must be received no later than 8:00 a.m. March 16, 2018:
Human Resources and Payroll Associate
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
500 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1X5
In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to qualified individuals of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, who self-identify.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.