IT Network Administrator
Classification: Computer Programmer 2B
Full-Time Regular Position
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North (UCN) is seeking an IT Network Administrator at The Pas Campus. The individual will be responsible to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in house information systems that support networks across multiple locations. The incumbent will be required to deal with computer users at all levels. This position requires flexible working hours and may require some travel to other UCN sites.
- A Degree or diploma in an accredited computer technology program or equivalent experience Minimum five years as a IT Network Administrator
- Broad knowledge in IP based network concepts, server configuration and computers in general
- Extensive technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and server virtulization (VmWare, Hyper-V or KVM0
- Extensive experience in network administrator, network design (LAN &WAN)
- Extensive knowledge and experience configuring routers, switches and firewalls Extensive experience in network administration, network design (LAN & WAN) Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultures
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language Microsoft Server Certifications
Conditions of Employment:
Some travel required, must be able to work some evenings and weekend as required Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts with their application.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-022
Closing Date: May 1, 2017
Salary Range: $36.58 to $45.72 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.