Santouka Kamei Canada Foods Ltd. (operating as; Hokkaido Ramen Santouka) at 515 Bloor Street West, Toronto Ontario and is looking for a Japanese Ramen Fusion Head Cook for a salary of; $20.00 per hour for 37.5 hours per week.
– Must have a minimum of two years of experience in preparing and cooking a variety of Japanese style Ramen Fusion noodle soup dishes and stocks, hot appetizers and Ramen toppings.
– Must be able to work evenings, weekends and overtime as assigned
– Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
– Basic oral English is required.
• Prepare and cook a variety of Japanese Hokkaido style Ramen (noodle) soup stocks (e.g. shoyu, miso, pork, chicken etc.) according to company standards
• Prepare and cook Japanese hot appetizers, Ramen toppings such as Cha-shu (Braised pork), Japanese style dumplings and Japanese rice-bowl dishes
• Check proper portion sizes for all dishes and ensure that they meet company quality standards
• Instruct and oversee the training of cooks and kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of dishes.
• Supervise cooks and kitchen staff in their relevant duties of preparation, cooking and handling of food.
• Manage kitchen staff by recruiting, orienting, training, assigning and evaluating their performance.
• Check food preparation, food storage, use of kitchen equipment and utensils to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices in accordance with company health and safety guidelines
• Estimate expected food consumption, maintain an inventory record and discuss with management when re-stocking supplies is required
We invite qualified candidates who are; new immigrants, Youth and indigenous people to also apply.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org