WELCOME TO THE BRUCEJACK MINE
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours –the local communities and First Nations – to provide employment.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Red Seal Journeyman Electrician to join the Brucejack Project in Northwestern, British Columbia. Preference will be given to local candidates of aboriginal descent.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Mill Maintenance Superintendent or designate and work a rotating schedule encompassing 14 days on/off.
In this role, you will install and maintain electrical services by diagnosing and repairing electrical wiring, equipment problems, and power generation in accordance with relevant codes. You will also be accountable for the safe and timely provision of these services in an effective and efficient manner, and in accordance with all relevant codes and regulations.
You will perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards & defects
- Diagnosing and repairing malfunctioning electrical systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings to determine wiring layouts
- Planning sketches, layouts and installing equipment and fixtures based on job specifications
- Designing control panels and installing circuit power distribution
- Delivering daily updates at morning meeting to communicate electrical instrumentation and/or equipment and control availability issues/actions
- Following-up on daily electrical installation and maintenance repairs to ensure all relevant components will be completed as planned
- Establishing methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Monitoring and evaluating electrical instrumentation, controls, and equipment operating procedures to minimize failures and downtime
- Recommending changes to installations and/or electrical maintenance procedures when deemed necessary or appropriate
- Maintaining electrical systems by conducting system tests and completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following established codes, standards, and operating procedures
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Coordinating work assignments/projects in a timely manner to meet project deadlines
- Other related duties, as required
The successful candidate will have a valid inter-provincial Red Seal electrical certification trade qualification complimented with a minimum of five (5) years or more of progressively related experience in a mining or industrial setting.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Strong knowledge of regulations regarding the installation of high voltage power systems
- Strong working knowledge of components such as switchgear, transformers, and cabling
- Strong knowledge of safety procedures to access high voltage environments and equipment
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to adhere to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Experience with power generation plants
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE AT: www.applyfirst.ca/job89662