Company: Hy Country Kennels & Pet Resort
Animal pet resort providing short and long-term boarding and doggie daycare on week days.
Business Location: 808 Mission Road, Vernon, BC, V1H 1G2
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent or part -time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
– Prepare food and feed animals and make sure fresh water is available
-Give medications when needed
– Bathing/shampooing if necessary
– Keep records of animals treated
– Clean and sanitize kennels, kitty litter boxes and rooms
– Wash animal dishes and utensils
– Launder animal bedding, towels, etc.,
– Scoop the poop every day as often as possible
– Pick up and clean yards where dogs play, fill holes where dogs have been digging
– Check kennels, play areas and fence lines for safety and security
– Manage all breeds and temperaments of dogs and cats
– Let dogs out for pee breaks
– Exercise animals several times a day
– Monitor and document animal behavior
-Monitor activities of day care dogs
– On check in: greet clients to receive their pet(s) and belongings and follow established check-in procedures
– Ensure on pet drop off that pet information is up-to-date and vaccinations current
– On check out: greet clients, take payment, deliver pet(s) and belongings
– Update information on computer when necessary
– Maintain appearance of common areas (office, parking area, etc.)
– Maintain and order supplies
– Answer the telephone and take bookings and messages
– Record bookings in computer
– Prepare paperwork for next day’s bookings and calculating check-out fees
Education and experience:
No education is required however experience with all breeds of dogs and all dog personalities is an asset as are good people skills.
We need a person who can work independently, is reliable and confident in his/her ability to read animal behavior, has the skills to de-escalate an aggressive situation (we get a lot of strong working breeds like Siberian Huskies, Pitt Bulls, Mastiffs, German Shepherds, Rottweilers)
Weight handling: Up to 200 lbs
The candidate must have own reliable transportation as we are not on a bus route.
Salary: $12.65-$14/hour, 40.00 Hours per week. Split shifts, evening hours, weekends and statutory holidays are required.
Please note the summer months are extremely busy so flexibility of schedule will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 808 Mission Road, Vernon, BC, V1H 1G2