Second Generation Landscapes is the next generation of landscapers. It is comprised of team with extensive experience working on jobs of all sizes, from small backyard renovations to large multi unit high rises. We at Second Generation Landscapes deliver the highest quality workmanship from our team of certified installers while providing excellent customer care.
We are currently looking to expand our Fraser Valley team and are seeking Landscape Construction Foreman.
Compensation: From $26.00 per hour to $30.00 per hour. Based on skills and level of experience;
Hours: 40 hours per week (opportunity for overtime)
Days: Monday to Friday
Duration: permanent, full time work
Location: Fraser Valley
Business Address: 18428 58A AVE, SURREY, BC V3S 1N8
Holidays: 4% accrued vacation. Flexible.
Perks of the Job: Competitive wage, reliable hours, job stability, opportunity for overtime, company clothing, advancement and development of knowledge and skills in the industry.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of ground maintenance workers, landscapers and workers who install patios, walkways, driveways, lawns, pool decks etc.;
- Assign duties to the above-mentioned workers and train and mentor new employees;
- Oversee and assist in the planning and constructing landscaped environments, including all ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, lawns and softscape features;
- Oversee and assist in the planting residential and commercial lawns and gardens;
- Assist project manager and landscape architects in planning and designing attractive outdoor landscaped environments around residences, public buildings, and businesses;
- Oversee and assist in the installation of paving stone patios, walkways, driveways, ponds and water features and in the installation of flagstone and other natural stone patios, walkways, and pool decks;
- Oversee and assist in the installation of Retaining Wall systems, including Allan Block, Drystack Basalt, Pisa, and 4×6 Pressure Treated Wood;
- Organize and oversee the oversee the excavation of sites and grades; Layout sites using laser levels and other equipment such as chain saw, tractor, small engine equipment, pick-up track;
- Oversee the operation of landscape equipment and ensure all safety standards are upheld at all times.
- Plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements;
- Provide quality control of the plan.
Suitability for Position:
- Must have at least 2 years of landscaping construction project experience, or combination of experience and education in agronomy, arboriculture, horticulture, landscaping, or landscape technology;
- Must have completed high school;
- Must have valid driving license;
- Ability to lift 50lbs;
- Read blueprints and drawings;
- Reliable, motivated, and hardworking with a strong work ethic;
- Speak, read and write in English;
- Long-term commitment to building a career;
- Two most recent references.