Expiring: February 20, 2018
Last Updated: October 25, 2017
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
NOC Group: Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourers (8612)
NOC Job Title: Landscape Labourer
1531 Chestnut Street
White Rock, British Columbia
V4B 3H1 Canada
Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walkways, and walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners or chain saw.
- Rake, mulch and compost leaves.
- Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler system, hoses, or watering cans.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites and other grounds.
- Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin axle-vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters and pruning saw.
- Secondary School may be required.
- Some experience is an asset, but on the job training will be provided.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: