Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Contractors and Managers (8255)
NOC Job Title: Landscaping Contractor
1531 Chestnut Street
White Rock, British Columbia
V4B 3H1 Canada
Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
Main Job Task and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers.
• Maintenance on trees, shrubs and plants on client’s property.
• Plan and estimate the materials and labor requirements for individual contracts.
• Organize the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and hedges and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls.
• Cares for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks or walls.
• Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units.
• Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
• Requisition supplies and materials.
• Hire staff and train workers in job duties and company policies.
• Plan workforce requirements for individual contracts.
• Maintains and repairs tools, equipment and structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, and benches, using hand tools or power tools.
• Provides horticulture improvement recommendations to client’s properties.
• Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work independently and in team setting.
• Ability to perform physical activities which requires considerable use of arms, legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling various materials.
• Ability to lift 25 to 50lbs.
Education and Experience:
• Completion of Secondary School/High School;
• 6 months to 1year work experience in landscaping.
How to Apply