Duties and Responsibilities:
• Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
• Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
• Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edger’s.
• Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
• Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
• Decorate gardens with stones and plants.
• Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage.
• Gather and remove litter.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Some Secondary School Education may be required.
• Some knowledge regarding pesticides and farming is an asset.