Houston Landscapes Ltd. is seeking a Landscaper (NOC 2225) for its location in North Vancouver, BC. It’s a full-time (35 – 40 hours per week), permanent position, $26.00/hour paid on a bi-weekly basis. Overtime compensation is based on the current BC Employment Standards Act (1.5 times the regular wage paid if the daily hours exceed 8 hours or the weekly hours exceed 40 hours).
We offer employee benefit plan that includes health benefits that are available after 6 months with the company. Two weeks paid vacation each year.
- Use knowledge of horticulture and landscaping techniques to ensure properties are maintained at a high level of quality with close attention to detail.
- Plan and construct landscaped environments, including all ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, lawns and softscape features;
- Plant residential and commercial lawns and gardens;
- Maintain established lawns by weeding, removing thatch, aerating and mulching;
- Fertilize lawns, monitor the watering needs of the grounds and ensure efficient operation of irrigation systems;
- Prune annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees using the appropriate techniques according to the plant;
- Plant, tend and remove annual seasonal plants and bulbs;
- Remove fallen leaves from lawns, garden beds, driveways and walkways;
- Pave stone and natural stone work, including taking measurements, cutting and laying on various surfaces;
- Assist landscape architects in designing landscaped environments;
- Operate landscape maintenance equipment as directed.
Location of employment: Vancouver Mainland
- Must have completed high school;
- Must have at least 2 years of landscaping experience;
- Must have an understanding of plant material, soil types, irrigation systems, pest control, and landscape construction methods;
- Must be able to pick up and handle up to 23 kg (50lbs);
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English;
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your application to our business address at 260 Riverside Drive, North Vancouver, BC V7H 2M2