Number of Hours: 35 Hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
Main Job Task and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers.
- Maintenance on trees, shrubs and plants on client’s property.
- Plan and estimate the materials and labor requirements for individual contracts.
- Organize the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and edges and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls.
- Cares for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks or walls.
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Requistion supplies and materials.
- Hire staff and train workers in job duties and company policies.
- Plan workforce requirements for individual contracts.
- Maintains and repair tools, equipment and structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences and benches, using hand tools or power tools.
- Provides horticulture improvement recommendations to client’s properties.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team setting.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship.
- Ability to perform physical activities which requires considerable use of arms, legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling various materials.
- Ability to lift 25 to 50lbs.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Secondary School/High School;
- 6 months’ to 1 year work experience in landscaping.