2018 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – PART-TIME CONTRACT POSITION
Position: Librarian, Shawanaga First Nation Public Library
- Administration, organization and planning of all library operations and services; including working with the Kinomaugewgamik Elementary School programs.
- Check books in and out; reshelf-material, issues library cards/renewals as required.
- Keep computer workstations and library area clean and organized.
- Obtain grants for funding and reporting on grants as required.
- Librarian assists all library visitors as required, and serves as the community library representative.
- Liaise with the Ontario Library Service, and the Library and Community Information Branch of the Ministry of Culture as required.
- Maintain files of library records and all correspondence.
- Selects and acquires materials for the library collection.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts as on-going public relations program to inform the community about the library and its services.
- Order supplies, furnishings and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Desired Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Grade 12 diploma minimum; post-secondary credentials an asset.
- Experience working with children, and must work well with children.
- Good organizational and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills. Excellent interpersonal skills; be a positive role model.
- Ability to problem-solve. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must possess a valid Ontario’s driver’s license and be insurable.
- Emergency CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
START DATE – TO BE ARRANGED
Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted, thank you for your interest.
Please submit resume with current contact information by: 3:00 p.m. on September 21, 2018
Fax, email or in person to: Shelley Baker, HR Manager
Shawanaga First Nation 2 Village Rd., Nobel, ON P0G 1G0
Fax. 705-366-2740 Email: email@example.com