Classification: Clerk 2
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: Reporting to the Library Technician, the Library Clerk will provide clerical and customer services at the Thompson Campus library. The individual will instruct library users in the use of the Integrated Library System, provide assistance on the use of library materials and electronic resources, conduct basic bibliographic and reference searches, perform data entry, circulate library materials, action inter-library loans, maintain reserve listings, and assist library patrons in locating library materials. Other duties include internet searching, laminating, and other clerical duties. The successful candidate will also provide basic technical support to students using UCN equipment and databases. Other clerical tasks and library projects will be assigned as needed.
- Completion of Grade 12 diploma
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet searching
- Experience performing clerical tasks
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal/customer service skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Successful completion of community college and/or university courses
- Experience working in a library
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must be physically capable of performing the required duties (lifting boxes and books)
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-006
Closing Date: February 16, 2017
Salary Range: $18.37 to $20.79 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca