Company: Times Optical Inc / Times Optical
Company Information: Times Optical is a company that offers high-quality service from licensed opticians. We offer our clients assistance with eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Business Address: 9625 Yonge St, Unit D, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 5T2
Work Location: Employee will work at:
- 9625 Yonge St, Unit D, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 5T2
- 550 Hwy 7, Unit A11, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3Z4
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Assist clients in selecting eyeglasses
- Advise on use and care of contact lenses
- Arrange for grinding or polishing of lenses or grind and polish lenses
- Cut and edge lenses and fit lenses into frames
- Obtain specifications for eyeglasses or contact lenses and fit clients with prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses Adjust finished eyeglasses to fit client
- Use prescription information from the doctor and the patient’s preferences, face shape and other factors to help select the appropriate pair of eyeglasses, frames and lenses.
- Operate manual lensometers and other tools to achieve proper fittings for patients
- Instruct patients on how to use contact lenses by showing them how to clean the lenses, insert them, remove them easily and properly care for contact lenses.
- Maintain a clean and visually appealing daily optical display by organizing the stock of eyeglasses, sunglasses and accessories.
- Manage inventory of frames and contact lenses to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and product variety
- Complete additional office tasks regularly such as preparing paperwork for patient insurance payments, ordering inventory and tracking orders in the system.
-Education: 2 or 3 year college program in ophthalmic dispensing or optical sciences is required
-Experience: The necessary experience to obtain the license/certification is required
– Note: a license issued by the College of Opticians in Ontario is required.
Salary: $25.00 to $26.00 hourly, 30-35 hours per week
- This is a full time position
- Work Schedule: Sundays 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm and Tuesday to Saturday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. Employee will have Mondays off and one additional day on rotational basis. Employee will work on shifts to complete the 30 hours per week. Flexibility on schedules is required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to:9625 Yonge St, Unit D, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 5T2