The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality, delicious food in a thoughtful, consistent, and timely manner according to Pearle Hospitality Inc’s., high standards and in adherence with the organization’s food philosophy. The individual in this position plays a key role in surpassing guest expectations and providing an incredible culinary experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exhibit a positive optimism and upbeat personality towards, guests, suppliers, and fellow team members
- Accept instruction & direction well as well as ability to convert feedback into real changes in behaviour
- Maintain positive relationships within the team unit as well as with those outside of it, work together with others toward the common goal of success across the property.
- Willingly accept additional tasks as required for the effective functioning of the team and demonstrate a commitment to further develop skills
- Actively & positively participate in menu changes, working to ensure menu updates are functional and effective
- Maintain quality and consistency in the taste, temperature and freshness of menu items
- Consistently use correct portion sizes and established recipes, aiding in minimizing waste and keeping costs inline
- Thoughtfully practice product care by rotating par levels for freshness and regularly perform product temperatures checks
- Follow established cleaning schedule and using proper food handling procedures
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency while remaining poised during peak periods and seeking out additional tasks during slower periods
- Understand the importance of the station’s contribution, know how and when to ask for help
- Communicate Pearl’s core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day to day execution of duties
- Provide impeccable service to the front of house team and internal guests
- Earnestly accommodate any special requests, dietary restrictions and/or allergies of guests understanding the importance of adhering to established guidelines
- Prepare the station and ensuring mise en place is complete and sufficient for the upcoming service with all items neatly organized and stored properly
- Maintain station throughout shift, work neatly and make cleanliness a priority
- Understand how to properly and safely operate all equipment as well as communicate any deficiencies and follow up to make sure they are dealt with
- Meticulously and properly perform the clean up and tear down of the station, ensuring work area is spotless and all product is properly stored
- College-level Culinary Program Diploma required
- 1-2 years Culinary Experience is required
- Knowledge of Asian Ingredients essential
- Ability to communicate in English is required. Understanding of Japanese is a definite asset.
- University-level degree is preferred
Wages & Benefits:
The wage range for this role is $14-18 per hour based on experience and skill. Line Cooks receive an annual performance review at which point compensation is discussed. Group Benefits are available to full time, hourly team members on a co-pay basis following one year of successful employment.
Location of Work & Terms of Employment:
Successful applicants will work on a permanent basis for Pearle Hospitality Inc., at Ancaster Mill Restaurant located at 548 Old Dundas Road, Ancaster, ON L9G 3J4.
How to Apply