El Taquero – Tacos & Tequila
1443 Ellis Street, Kelowna BC V1Y 2A3
El Taquero is an independent, Mexican, Casual Service Taqueria in Downtown Kelowna serving fresh authentic Mexican tacos in our 30 seat restaurant. Looking for friendly first – outgoing, fun; hardworking with Get it done attitude and amazing customer service. Passion for food and a desire to learn about Mexican cuisine and culture.
We are looking for qualified applicants for the following position.
Line Cook/Taco Maker – Clean and concise is the key to this position! Previous experience in kitchens, food safe preferred but passion and eagerness comes first so if you are both of these, we will train, if you have experience, your wage will reflect.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare & Cook to order a variety of Mexican foods served at El Taquero Restaurant.
- Perform duties in the areas of food and final order preparation.
- May take orders from customers and serve guests at counters or tables.
- Restock kitchen supplies, rotate food, and stamp the time and date on food in coolers.
- Plan work on orders so that items served together are finished at the same time.
- Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters
- Perform general cleaning activities in kitchen and dining areas.
- Prepare and package food for pick-up and delivery as per requirements.
- Prepare and package food for catering orders
- Serve guests offsite at catering events.
Terms of Employment:
This is a permanent, full time position with 30+ hours per week. We are looking for a long term team member whom we can train completely for business growth and future advancement.
Language of Work:
You must be able to speak, write and understand English as a first or second language. Ability to speak or understand Spanish is not necessary, however a welcome addition.
Starting wage is $13.75 / hour, overtime paid over 40 hours per week. You will receive vacation pay of 4% on each pay. Your wage will be reviewed after a period of three months, then yearly following.
You will receive staff benefits of 50% off your meals while working and 25% off for you friends and family if you visit with them outside of your shift. Following 6 months of employment, you will have the option to join our Extended Medical and Dental health plan. El Taquero will pay for 50% of the premiums on this plan.
Location of Work:
You will report to El Taquero Tacos & Tequila at 1443 Ellis Street in Kelowna, British Columbia for your shifts, though from time to time, you will be asked to assist in offsite catered events.
Please email your resume to Marnie@el-taquero.com or appl in person. To set up a time for an interview, please call Marnie at 778.215.1554 or arrange through email above.
Working well in a team environment, cleanliness, efficiency, passion for food
Completion of Secondary School
Required Work Experience:
Previous experience in kitchens, food safe preferred but not required as passion and eagerness comes first