Company: Transport Laplante et Fils Inc.
Business information: We are a company dedicated to the transportation of wood and steel in the Great Lakes region and in the USA by B-train.
Business address: 457 route 148, Plaisance, QC, J0V 1S0
Work Location: The position involves traveling throughout Canada and in the USA to deliver goods to the company’s clients; the main destinations are Ontario, Quebec, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio.
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Load and unload goods; tie up goods
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption; complete a log book with the working hours
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Professionalism in customer service
- Coach colleagues on new methods or work techniques
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: Experience is an asset
– Driver’s license Class 1 valid in Quebec is required
– Driving record check is required
– Physically demanding
– Willing to travel for extended periods and for cross-border trips
– Speak English is required, speak French is an asset
Salary: $21.00 to $25.00 hourly. Salary can vary or increase according to mileage driven. Company guarantees a minimum weekly payment of $630 equal to $21 X 30hrs. 30 – 50 hours per week
Benefits: we provide extended medical insurance and dental insurance as well as a cellphone and the uniform.
– Flexibility on schedule is required. Employees establish their own working hours according to the week and the load of work.
– The position requires traveling to different places in Canada and the USA and thus to regularly be away for an average time of 4 to 5 consecutive days.
– The position requires driving a tractor truck.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 457 route 148, Plaisance, QC, J0V 1S0
Apply by fax: 819-427-8132