Company Operating Name: ZGC Transport
Business address: 1421 – 26 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta
Title of Position: Long Haul Truck Driver
Terms of employment: Full time, permanent, 40+ hours per week
Wage: $28.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental, and Vision
- Operate and drive trucks to transport goods and materials over long distances;
- Plan trip logistics and obtain necessary documents to transport goods;
- Load and unload cargo;
- Ensure cargo is secured and is compliant with safety requirements;
- Follow safety procedures for transporting hazardous goods;
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle;
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel expenditure;
- Manage bills of lading;
- Maintain log books;
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers by means of wireless devices and on-board computers;
- Report any incidents to dispatcher;
- Follow all appropriate traffic laws;
- Report serious mechanical problems to the managers; and
- Keep truck and associated equipment tidy and in good working order.
Other requirements: Must have a Class 1 license; Air brake endorsement (Z) is required; Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certification is required (our company will assist the worker in obtaining this certification); Must be willing to spend a week or possibly more on the road.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Language of work: English
Work Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Location of work: Our head office is located at 1421 – 26 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta. Our trucks transport goods all over Canada but primarily in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario.
Contact information: All interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We welcome applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.