Long Haul Truck Driver
Spiritual Freight Ltd.
Unit # 202, 8363 128 Street, Surrey BC V3W 4G1
Salary: $24.00/Hourly for 50-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Positions Available: 06
Minimum Education: High School, No degree, certificate or diploma required
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: Experience an asset. On job training will be provided.
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English
Job Location(s): Various locations all over Canada & US (North America)
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Extended length tractor-trailer combination.
Type of Travel: Long haul, Provincial/territorial, International
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports
Communication Equipment Experience: Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
Spiritual Freight Limited is exponentially growing transport company based in Surrey, BC. We started in 2016 and we are all set to take your career in long haul truck driving to a next level. We offer competitive wages to our team members for their hours. We will make sure to provide you with the maximum possible family time too. We work hard to create an environment that encourages personal growth and creativity for all of our employees. We are always on the lookout for safe and reliable.
1. Operate and drive primary tractor-trailer, long combination vehicle to transport goods and materials for Spiritual Freight Limited.
2. Loading and unloading of goods.
3. Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo in accordance with safety requirements.
4. Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
5. Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
6. Receive and relay information to central dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
7. Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
8. Perform pre-trip, en route, post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and turning signals.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Experience: 1-2 years experience as a truck driver is an asset. On the job training will be provided.
• Should have Class 1 driving license or license equivalent to Class 1 from anywhere or should be able to acquire one.
• Basic knowledge of English for document use, navigation and communication.
• Be able to drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Clean driving abstract.
As per collective agreement and BC Employment Standards Act, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary or 10 days paid vacation (you will choose). Moreover, we offer opportunities for training, incentives, and flexible work arrangements.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test and valid passport.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding and handling heavy loads.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver’s licence
Essential Skills: Document use, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking.
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Unit # 202, 8363 128 Street, Surrey BC V3W 4G1