Title: Long haul truck driver ( All over North America) ( NOC: 7411 )
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Salary: $24 Hourly, for 40.00 Hours per week, overtime will be paid after 60 hours
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Work Location: Various locations all over North America
Office Location: 102 – 8277 129 Street Surrey, BC V3W 0A6
Yard address: 12403 Old Yale Road Surrey, BC V3V 3X9
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A)
Experience: No experience required, paid on job training will be provided
Languages: Basic English is required
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial, National, International
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports
1) Operate and Drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
2) Loading and Unloading of goods, Tarping and ensuring safety and security of Cargo.
3) Plan Travel schedules and Routes, Use Atlas and other trip planning aids.
4) Receive and reply information to Central Dispatcher.
5) Able to Drive as part of a Two-Person team or convoy.
6) Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, Lights, Brakes, and other equipments.
7) Perform Brake Adjustments.
8) Monitor Vehicle Performance and Mechanical Fitness.
9) Maintain tidiness of the fleet.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel overnight, Valid driver’s licence
Work Location Information: Various locations
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Job task planning and organizing, Continuous learning
Other: Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be willing to drive long haul trucks as a two person team. Basic English is required to understand road signs and fill log book. We welcome applications from Aboriginals, New Immigrants, Youth
DTI Transport Ltd
102 – 8277 129 Street Surrey, BC V3W 0A6
How to Apply:
By Mail: 102 – 8277 129 Street Surrey, BC V3W 0A6
By Fax: 604-598-3410
By Email: email@example.com