Long Haul Truck Driver
Lion Express Ltd.
Unit 210 8236 128 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 4G2,Canada
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Wage: $24.00/hour for 50 hours a week
Start date: As soon as possible
Language: Basic English
Location of work: Various locations all across Canada/US with business based at aforementioned address
Lion Express Ltd. is looking for 5 Long Haul Truck Drivers for full-time permanent position. Following is the job description, if eligible please contact Lion Express Ltd.
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles to transport goods and materials to destinations over long distances.
• Oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading ,and safety and security of cargo
• Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, and brakes
• Communicate with central dispatcher
• Perform emergency roadside repairs
• Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book
• May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods, if needed.
• Education: Completion of Secondary education is required.
• Experience: 1-2 years experience as a truck driver is an asset.
• Should have Class 1 driving license from ICBC or license equivalent to Class 1 from anywhere or should be able to acquire one.
• Basic knowledge of English.
• Be able to drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Clean driving abstract. On the job training will be provided.
• Willing to go long haul/cross border/interstate/provinciail/national/international for multiple nights.
Benefits: As per collective agreement, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular applicable after 60 hours of work per week. 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period.
We encourage all candidates from anywhere in Canada with valid Class 1 or equivalent license to apply immediately to know better about this job.
If eligible, please apply at the earliest:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Unit 210 8236 128 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 4G2, Canada