Plus Transport Ltd. located at 30787 Marshall Road Abbotsford, BC V2T 6J7 hiring Long Haul Truck Drivers to drive long haul trucks all over North America.
Title: Long haul truck driver (across North America) (NOC: 7411)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Salary: $23.10 Hourly, for 50.00 Hours per week, Overtime will be after 60 hours/week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Various Locations all over North America (10 vacancies)
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A),
Experience: No experience required, On job training will be provided.
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English is required
Type of Travel: Long-haul, National, International
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports
Communication Equipment Experience: Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
1. Operate and Drive Dry Van to transport goods and material all across North America,
2. Loading and unloading of goods, Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
3. Plan travel schedules and routes, Use atlases and other trip planning aids.
4. Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
5. Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
6. Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
7. Perform brake adjustments.
8. Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
9. Maintain Log book for each trip.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel overnight, Willing to travel as two person team, Valid driver’s license
Work Location Information: Various locations
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Basic English is required. Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from Aboriginals, New Immigrants and Seniors.
Employer: Plus Transport Ltd.