Imperial Transport Ltd, truck yard located at 12582 82 Ave, Surrey, BC V3W 3E9 hiring for Long Haul Truck Drivers
Title: Long haul truck driver (NOC: 7411)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Early Morning, Evening
Salary: $23.30 hourly, for 40.00 Hours per week, Overtime will be after 60 hours/week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Various Locations all over Canada (2 vacancies)
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s License (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: No experience required, on job training will be provided.
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English is required
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Flatbed, Tractor-trailer B train
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Provincial/territorial
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports
Communication Equipment Experience: Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Own Tools/Equipment: Cellular phone, Steel-toed safety boots
- Operate and Drive truck/trailer to transport and deliver material.
2. Loading and unloading of goods, Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
3. Plan travel schedules and routes, Use atlases and other trip planning aids.
4. Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
5. Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
6. Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
7. Perform brake adjustments.
8. Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
9. Maintain Log book for each trip.
Additional Skills: Mountain driving, Professionalism in customer service
Security and safety
Driver’s validity licence check, Medical exam, Drug test, Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Large workload, handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Sitting, Attention to detail
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, willing to travel as two person team, valid driver’s license
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Basic knowledge of English is required. Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from Aboriginals, New Immigrants and Seniors.
Imperial Transport Ltd
Office Address: 16423 80th Avenue, Surrey BC V4N 0H2