|B & D Walter Trucking Ltd. is a locally owned and operated business specializing in the transport of grain, fertilizer, cattle and equipment. We are based in Lethbridge, Alberta, in the Heart of Southern Alberta.
Business Location: 3214 5th Ave North Lethbridge AB, T1H 0P4
Location of work: As we specialize in the transportation of goods the main routes are between the Canadian Provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Northwestern United States
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
• Loading and unloading of goods. Load and Unload freight at various locations in Canada and USA.
• Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
• Pre-Trip, enroute and port trip inspections of all company equipment
• Plan travel schedules and routes.
• Use atlases and other trip planning aids.
• Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
• Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Drive tractor/trailer unit long distance in Canada and USA
• Pay and receive payments for goods.
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
• Carry out all duties related to long-haul driving
• Perform brake adjustments.
• Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
• Perform preventive maintenance.
• Perform emergency roadside repairs.
• Professionalism in customer service.
• Maintain log books, bill of landing and all required paperwork for transportation requirements
• Handle inquiries from customers.
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Education: No formal education required
Experience: Experience is preferred but not necessary. Company will provide training if needed.
• Valid (Class 1 or A) driver license is required, Air Brake Z Endorsement.
• Must be able to cross USA border
• Willing to travel extended periods and travel overnight
Training: our training plan for entry level drivers (without experience) includes full driver in-house orientation in classroom, team driving with instructor (short runs), mentor mentee raining (driver in own truck) and on-going training
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, pension, extended medical insurance. Worker’s compensation board
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 per hour, 60 hours per week. Weekend, Day, Night and Evening shifts are included.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 3214 5th Ave North Lethbridge AB, T1H 0P4
Apply by fax: 403-327-0267