A trucking company, New Moon Express Ltd., has immediate vacancies for 10 long haul truck drivers.
Job Position: Long Haul Truck Driver
Number of Vacancies: 10
Term of employment: Full time, Permanent with 50 hours per week.
Location of work: Travel across Canada and USA with base at 12403 Old Yale Road, Surrey BC V3V 3X9
Shifts: Weekdays, Weekends, Night, Evenings
Salary: $23.50 per hour for 50 hours per week, overtime after 60 hours per week at the rate of 1.5 times.
Benefits: 4% vacation pay
Credentials: Class 1 or A driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
Experience: On the job training will be provided
- Basic English is required to understand road signs and fill log book.
- Be able to work in individually or in a team
- Clean driving abstract
Types of trucking and equipment: Flatbed, Van, Refrigerated
Type of Travel: Long Haul, Regional, Provincial/Territorial, National and International.
- Drive and operate company’s long haul trucks to transport goods and material
- Receive and Relay information to central dispatcher
- Perform pre- trip, en-route and post- trip inspection for any mechanical or body defect
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting goods
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- Report incidents to the manager immediately and accurately.
How to apply: Please send resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those who meet our basic expectations will be contacted for interview. We thank you for your interest in our company!