Rubicon Logistics is the long-haul trucking company with the office of the business located at: 21800 Dewdney Trunk Rd, Maple Ridge BC, V2X 7V5. We are currently looking for three (3) experienced Long-Haul Truck Drivers to join our team in these full-time permanent positions. Employees will usually report to the primary office location noted above, or, possibly, other location(s).
- Operate long-haul transport trucks to pick up and deliver various loads to/from customers over 3-5 days trips with most of the routes originating in Canada with delivery to the USA;
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories to identify potential mechanical defects (e.g. leaking air lines, brakes out of adjustment etc.)
- May perform basic maintenance and roadside repairs;
- Fill out any documentation while crossing the border required to transport cargo on international routes;
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled , fuel consumption and maintain log books;
- May drive solo or as part of a two-person team;
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers;
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Min 1.5-2 years commercial driving experience on Class 1 (tractor-trailer);
- Completion of secondary school;
- Class 1 licence with airbrakes;
- Dangerous Goods Certificate (or ability to obtain one with training provided).
- Experience with border crossings;
- Ability to enter the USA (this includes no criminal record and previous entry violations);
- Good driving record (no DUIs and should not be more than 1 – 2 moving violations in the last 3 years);
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test;
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability;
- Ability to speak basic English and fill out forms in English.
Salary and Work Hours:
- $24.00/ hour- 40 hours /week
- early morning, morning, day, evening, night, weekend, overtime, flexible working hours.
- 4% vacation pay, provided company vehicle and tools
- Training courses provided by the employer: mountain driving, safety inspection training, hours of service training, Elog procedures, temperature controlled loads, dangerous goods, border paperwork requirements.