- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
LSO 2 OTHR – Land and Resource Coordinator
LSO 2 OTHR – Land and Resource Coordinator – (50534)
Posting Title: LSO 2 OTHR – Land and Resource Coordinator
Position Classification: Licensed Sc Off Other 2
Location: Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince George, BC V3L4J8 CA
Vanderhoof, BC V0J 3A0 CA
Salary Range: $56,662.05 – $70,770.36 annually
Close Date: 5/23/2018
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> FLNRO and Rural Development
Ministry Branch / Division: Caribou Program
Land & Resource Coordinator
Licensed Science Officer 2
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is also posted as a STO 24 under REQ 50121.
This position will be supporting the provincial caribou recovery program.
Reporting to a team lead and working in a variety of settings, the Land and Resource Coordinator works in diverse teams, gathers and manages complex natural resource data, completes analysis and develops options, provides advice to statutory decision makers, facilitates and coordinates projects and engages directly with a wide variety of stakeholders to support land/resource management decisions and resolve complex stewardship issues.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. Regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money), have a 35 hour work week, and 4 weeks’ annual paid leave entitlement. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
Prince George is the largest city in Northern British Columbia, and boasts a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment, including the Prince George Symphony Orchestra. Prince George is located next to several provincial parks, which provide camping and boating amenities.
Vanderhoof sits on the spectacular Nechako River,and lies in the flat spot between the BC coastline and the Rocky Mountain Range allowing vistors and residents to experience the best of a prairie and mountain municipality. Vanderhoof hosts events all year long, including tournaments for hockey and golf.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Heather.Wiebe@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the resource management field, plus 2 years of related experience; OR a Diploma in the resource management field, plus 3 years of related experience working in a natural resource discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Must be registered or immediately* eligible for registration as a fully licensed registered professional with one of the following associations: Association of BC Forest Professionals, BC Institute of Agrologists, or Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC. *Immediately means you are currently a fully licensed registered professional member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP, the BCIA or the APEGBC).
- Advance training in project management.
- Preference given to those with experience providing project management support to a remote, multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Valid B.C. driver’s licence.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “Skip Step” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: