Licensed Authorization Officer
Licensed Science Officer (Forester) 2
One position is currently available and can be performed from Vanderhoof or Fort St. James.
An eligibility list may be established.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
Influence and engage in complex natural resource initiatives
In this position you will be reporting to a section head or excluded manager and working in a variety of settings, the Licensed Authorizations Officer provides professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Destination BC link here.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Andrew.Wheatley@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirement as outlined below:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered, or immediately eligible* (within 6 months) for registration as a Registered Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP)
- NOTE: *Immediately eligible means you are currently a fully licensed RPF member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP. Applicants must contact the ABCFP to confirm their eligibility.
- Experience working in natural resource management.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in supervising, leading, coaching and mentoring staff
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Valid BC driver’s licence or equivalent
- Willingness to conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Please include your registration number with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) within your application as you must be registered or immediately eligible for registration as a fully licensed Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with the ABCFP. If you are not yet registered with the ABCFP, please explain how you are immediately eligible (i.e. currently a fully licensed RPF member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “Skip Step” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.