Machine Shop – Operations Manager
CIMtech Mfg. Inc. – Surrey, BC
CIMtech Mfg. is a Hi-tech CNC machine shop based in Surrey, BC. We are seeking experienced and motivated Operations Manager to join our team. We offer positive working environment with above average competitive salary, based on experience, along with health benefits and other perks.
Candidate must have valid work VISA, PR holder or Canadian Citizen.
Core skills / Qualifications:
What You Need for this Position
• 3-5 years experience in manufacturing operations.
• Experience with lean manufacturing an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organized, with attention to detail
• Work well in a team environment
• Previous shop management experience is preferred
• Post-Secondary diploma/degree in a mechanical or operations field.
Nice to have skill set:
• CNC experience, understanding of machine parts & material quotations.
• Previous Operations experience is an asset
• College diploma in a technical field is preferred.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Must work well with multiple tasks/projects under pressure.
• Experience in aerospace environment including familiarity with AS9100 is an asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for machine shop Operations, Safety, Quality, Production, Efficiency & teamwork.
• Be responsive to customer needs, manage processes in order to exceed customer expectation.
• Work closely with Plant Manager in production planning and quotations.
• Assist in preparing and emailing quotations to external customers.
• Prepare and manage machine shop schedule with ERP system and material procurement.
• Scheduling all production jobs in alignment with the priorities set by the Plant Manager, including: Coordinate adjusting the team’s schedule.
• Create and implement standard work instructions and procedures for repetitive work.
• Monitoring the production processes and adjusting the team’s schedules as needed with approval from the Plant Manager.
• Provide Plant Manager with job updates and meet or exceed production due date.
• Second line back-up for vacation and absence for Plant Manager.
• Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans.
• Drive continuous process improvement with Lean principles.
• Drives safe operations. Ensure facility is complying with standard safety programs.
• Ensure all employees follow operation standards and working practices.
• Write requisitions, follow up with suppliers and expedite deliveries.
• Ensure Non-conformance documentation, corrective actions, and document control.
• Supervise and enforce rules, process and procedures.
• Process improvement through use of Standard Work Instructions.
• Maintain current equipment, i.e: documentation for calibration of tooling etc. in align with the maintenance schedules set out in our ISO documentation.
Please submit your resume,
WITH REFERENCES. We offer a competitive salary, including benefits and profit sharing. We thank all applicants in advance, but only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
To commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range – $22 to $25/hr(Depending on Experience)
How to Apply:
8 – 17942, 55 Ave
Surrey, BC V3S 6C8