Indspire is an Indigenous-led national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving kindergarten to grade 12 successes for Indigenous youth. In 2017-18, Indspire awarded $14.2 million through almost 4,900 bursaries and scholarships to Indigenous youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by Indigenous people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. In the position of Marketing Coordinator, reporting to the VP, Communications and Marketing, you will be responsible for coordinating marketing campaigns from inception to completion for Indspire, as well as creating and implementing a variety of marketing collateral.
The position responsibilities of the Marketing Coordinator include:
- Manages creative design and implementation of marketing campaigns and strategies;
- Works closely with partners and vendor/agencies to ensure creative assets are booked, built to spec, comply with legal and brand standards and are on schedule;
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with key partner and vendor/agency stakeholders;
- Assists in the development and execution of e-newsletters and communication projects;
- Maintains and adheres to the organization’s brand standards, and suggests creative ways to increase brand awareness;
- Coordinates ordering and manages inventory of promotional materials;
- Provides website and social media content management support;
- Arranges and organizes distribution of Indspire’s marketing and promotional materials and information based on requests;
- Ensures distribution lists are current and up-to-date;
- Represents Indspire on occasion at events;
- Conducts research, as required.
- Post-secondary education (college or university) or equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience with a minimum 1 to 2 years of experience as a Marketing Coordinator or similar position.
- Knowledge of the issues affecting Indigenous peoples and experience in Indigenous communities preferred.
- Demonstrated openness to learning and willingness to engage in cultural competency training.
- Experience and comfort with web analytics, SEO/SEM and Google Adwords.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good judgment and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines and projects at once.
- Excellent writing skills with good communications skills.
- Ability to travel across Canada on occasion, as required.
- Travel between Six Nations and Toronto offices is required
- Knowledge of French a strong asset.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position based in Toronto or Six Nations. The salary range is competitive with a good benefit package, including pension plan. As an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people, we encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to Lauren Hollywood, email@example.com. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: November 25, 2018