This position will support the mission, vision and values of the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC). Within a patient orientated team environment, the Medical Receptionist will provide reception, clerical and administration support for all services offered through the CKCHC.
- Performs reception and administrative duties, including; greeting clients in person and on the phone, photocopying, faxing and scanning documents into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Schedules client, specialists and diagnostic testing appointments
- Prepares, maintains, updates, retrieves, tracts and files charts manually and electronically
- Provides referral information for internal and/or external programs and services
- Ensures accurate tracking and logging and all clients interventions, hours and appropriate reporting requirements as identified by the Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) when appropriate
- Prepares referral and consultation letters as requested
- Maintains appointment scheduling template and an up to date resource and referral directory
- Supervise graduate students in field placement practicum or internships, as requested
- Assists in the achievement of program operational objectives by contributing to strategic planning and review; assisting with the identification and resolution of issues; attending meetings and communicating interdisciplinary clinical concerns; identifying and implementing system improvements
- Respects the cultural diversity of the client, community and CKCHC
- Knowledge of interest in the health issues affecting the Indigenous population
- Demonstrates a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the CKCHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 2-5 years recent experience in a community setting or combination of community and hospital or public health settings
- Experience with reception responsibilities using a multi-phone system and EMR
- Exceptional customer service skills required to work with internal and external clients, community partners and resources
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving, organizational and administrate skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team environment is required
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR programs is required
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (English/Ojibwe) is an asset, as is native ancestry due to the population served
- Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Chatham-Kent.
Education and certificate requirements
- Medical Secretary Diploma from a recognized institution
- Completion of a Police Clearance prior to commencing employment.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 5pm on June 14.