Job Title: Medical Secretary
Job duties and responsibilities:
– Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
– Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence, using personal computer
– Answer telephones, and direct calls to appropriate staff
– Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff
– Interview patients in order to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms
– Maintain medical records and correspondence files
– Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, sue word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letter, case histories and medical records
– Transmit correspondence and medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax
– Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits and collections, preparing and sending financial statements and bills, and keeping financial records.
– Complete insurance and other claim forms.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Wage: $22 per hours for 30 hours per week
Benefit: 12 days paid holidays
– Education: Completion of College Level Administration Program
– Years of experience: 1-2 years of experience in professional medical administration
– Language: Read, write, and speak in English
– Credentials: Familiarity with Oscar Service Program
How to apply: please send your resume via email.