- British Columbia NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
MGR 18R – Store Manager, Castlegar
MGR 18R – Store Manager, Castlegar – (67376)
Store Manager, Castlegar
One of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, 7 BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, 3 Wholesale Customer Centres and 3 Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
Under the general direction of the Regional Manager, the Store Manager is accountable for the retail operation of a high-volume multi-shift ($3 million+ annual sales, average 400 daily sales transactions) BC Liquor Store.
The Store Manager guides other leaders to inspire top performance from their teams by providing leadership and direction to create a high-performing work environment that maximizes sales, controls costs through effective resource planning and inventory control and maintains a high level of customer centric focus. This position leads by example and seeks solutions and results that improve processes and surpass standards to drive the business in a BC Liquor Store. This position fosters growth amongst staff by providing coaching and encouragement with clear communications and builds success for the business by encouraging team members to consistently provide exceptional customer service and drive results.
This position may require lifting liquor cases up to 50 lbs. to varying heights, standing for extended periods of time and performing warehouse duties including frequent bending and standing. Incumbents may also operate a variety of mechanical and hand-operated equipment.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
A criminal record check will be required. An eligibility list may be established.
If this is your first time applying to the BC Public Service, visit Our Hiring Process page and click on the Frequently Asked Questions page link for tips on creating a profile, searching for job opportunities and applying to postings.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Human Resources by phone at 604 252-8563. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at www.bcliquorstores.com
I certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. I understand that any information provided by me in my application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate me from further consideration for employment or may result in my dismissal.
To be considered for this position, applicants must clearly indicate that they have the following:
Recent, Related Experience:
- One year recent experience as a Manager or Assistant Manager of a customer facing retail operation with annual sales in excess of +$1 million. Must include experience with customer service, supervising people and the management of assets.
“Recent” is defined as occurring within the last five years of the closing date of this competition.
“Confirmed” is defined as an appointed position, not in a relief capacity.
- Experience with visual presentation standards and KPI’s.
- Diploma or certificate in Business, Retail Management OR courses in Leadership/Supervision
- Point of Sale and/or Inventory Management system applications.
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on managing, training, coaching and mentoring all individuals within a team. Ability to train and develop staff to meet goals and give clear direction on assigned duties and performance expectations.
- Strong, decisive, action-oriented, decision making and/ or recommendation abilities. Ability to read, analyze and apply a variety of financial data in order to make appropriate business decisions. Ability to monitor and control employment costs and inventory levels ensuring budget targets are met.
- Superior analytical abilities with the ability to conceptualize and implement actions.
- The ability to conduct gap analysis and formulate appropriate strategies and initiatives. Ability to provide input on programs, policies and initiatives to drive business results.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and possess expertise and confidence to lead change.
- Ability to adapt to change and lead change management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with direct reports/customers/clients, government stakeholders and the Union.
Successful completion of Serving it Right ™ certification
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: