- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- North of 60 NationTalk
Network Mgmt Officer
Network Mgmt Officer
Date: Aug 29, 2019
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Conduct Operations research, technical/economic/business/regulatory impact assessments, and other specialized technical/business studies to determine transmission/distribution customer needs; analyze problems, develop strategies, alternatives and preferred solution; and facilitate delivery of solution through suppliers and service providers.
- Receive assignment from Supervisor on broad terms on specific problems related to areas of assigned work.
- Research available resources and contacts and propose effective recommendations to improve performance.
- Recognize areas requiring further action to avoid problems.
- Monitor, control and redirect major programs and complex projects. Co-ordinate activities with Service
- Providers and Stakeholders.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and specifications, and present recommendations to resolve issues, producing necessary documentation.
- Participate in the development, definition and preparation of programs, process, technical/operational/business standards, procedures or methods, including risk management and costing related to the management of transmission/distribution assets.
- Monitor service provider performance; provide re-direction as required.
- Contribute to the development of the business plan and regulatory submissions
- Maintain an awareness of advancing technology developments in business/transmission/distribution equipment and systems.
- Provide technical guidance to others as required, assist in resolution of work problems and train new staff in job responsibilities.
- Provide technical and related support and coordination services, and leadership in the provision of such services, to personnel in the retail distribution function on such matters relating to the planning, design, materials management, project engineering, equipment and material acquisitioning, and maintaining and operating of the Distribution Network relative to Distribution Generation (DG) connections mainly under the RESOP, FIT and Micro FIT programs.
- Monitor the performance of the Distribution Network relative to DG connection impact with respect to rules, established standards, methods, and criteria; identify problems, issues and opportunities for improvement; and with approval, resolve or initiate studies to resolve Distribution Network performance deficiencies, collaborating with the others as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires knowledge and experience in power system asset management, planning, operation and maintenance practices, commissioning and construction for power systems.
- Requires knowledge of engineering science and business administration of Project Management, electrical power systems and equipment relating to transmission/distribution assets, mathematics, information technology, analytical studies related to the application, design and performance of the transmission/distribution system.
- Requires knowledge and experience related to utility risk, regulation and policy functions in general and in Hydro One in particular.
- Requires experience with the measurement, design, monitoring, analysis and reporting function to give advice and guidance to senior management on business performance processes, including setting performance measures and targets.
- Requires experience in developing and implementing performance strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member with a demonstrated ability to be an agent of change.
- The ability to work in a busy environment with competing and changing priorities and limited supervision.
- Requiring planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and monitoring the quality and quantity of work.
- Requires experience in leading cross-functional teams, program and/or project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in an environment requiring interface with subject matter experts from across all LoBs.
- Demonstrated strong organization and planning skills and team player skills.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2019.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 17, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: