- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Nurse (C) 7 – Integrated Practice Clinician **Posting Close Date Extended**
Nurse (C) 7 – Integrated Practice Clinician **Posting Close Date Extended**
|Date||February 11, 2019|
|Type||Temp - Full Time|
|Company||BC Public Service|
|Salary||$36.1960 - $47.5089 - Per Hour|
|Location||Powell River, BC|
|Client||BC Public Service|
Nurse (C) 7 – Integrated Practice Clinician **Posting Close Date Extended** – (57640)
Integrated Practice Clinician
Nurse 7 H
***Posting Close Date Extended: February 21st, 2019.
This position is part time.
An eligibility list may be established
This position is also posted as a Social Program Officer 25 under REQ 57637
A hands-on role helping children and youth in your community!
An integral member of a multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Team and in coordination with other community agencies and professionals, you provide a range of mental health services to children, youth and their families, when the child or youth is suffering from serious emotional, psychological, behavioural or psychiatric illness.
As a Child and Youth Mental Health Clinician, you provide direct clinical services such as intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and crisis intervention for children, youth and their families. Consulting with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs, you understand the importance of being involved in community education, development, coordination and prevention/early intervention programs. You build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in the community to ensure that conflicts are resolved and appropriate outcomes are achieved.
This is your opportunity to work with families facing difficult challenges and help make a difference.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ivana.Lulic@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in Nursing and must be Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Province of BC under the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses or the Registered Nurses Act.
- Experience working in child and youth mental health services, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services. Preference may be given to applicants with 2 years plus experience in a CYMH or CYMH-related program.
- Experience in providing direct interventions around the trauma-based behaviours of children and youth. Preference may be given to applicants with 2 years or more experience.
- Experience working in environments requiring assertive case management.
- Experience working in environments where youth with concurrent disorders were treated.
- Experience providing a variety of outreach and community-based work related activities.
- An understanding/experience of a variety of treatment theoretical backgrounds including, but not limited to, Modified Interaction Guidance, Circle of Security, Zones of Regulation, Behaviour Therapy and Trauma-Informed Practise.
- Experience in providing psychoeducational and treatment groups to children, youth and adults.
- Experience working in developing programs or through programs experiencing significant change and transition.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: