About the Organization
Started in 1999, The Southern Stl’atl’imx Health Society (SSHS) is an innovative organization that is grounded in a tradition of wellness. Our vision is to promote enhanced holistic health services for all of our member nations.
With a fantastic new leadership team in place and a dedicated staff of 17 driven individuals, we are focused on wellness within communities as opposed to illness and strive to honour the health of the people by weaving traditional wellness into our health services.
At SSHS, we contribute much of our success to our dedicated and hard-working staff. Our organization values providing a healthy life/work balance, with numerous events for staff throughout the year and a success-driven leadership team, we ensure that The Southern Stl’atl’imx Health Society is a place where you will enjoy coming to work every day!
For more info see: http://sshs.ca/
About the Opportunity
SSHS has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our organization and the communities of N’Quatqua, Samahquam, Douglas and Skatin in a positive health and wellness leadership role as Nurse Manager of Clinical Services.
The successful candidate will be a key member of our senior leadership team and will shape clinical services through the implementation of our new 2017-2022 Community Health & Wellness Plan.
More specifically, some of your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of community and/or public health, primary care, and home care programs
- Ensuring nursing care and practice standards are being implemented in the delivery of the programs and services
- Providing professional support, leadership, mentoring, guidance, coaching and advice on policy, practice, and programs in a climate focused on success
- Applying and utilizing key nursing knowledge, expertise and critical thinking to assist staff to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and interventions
Please note, some travel is required for this role. In order to be able to complete this travel, you must be comfortable operating a 4×4 vehicle and occasionally travelling alone along an active forest service road to some of the remote communities.
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of 5 years of nursing experience and aminimum of 1 year of management experience combined with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a recognized university.
If you are an enthusiastic and community-minded individual that is capable of managing and organizing organizational change, we want to hear from you!
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with excellent remuneration, in line with BC RN Wage Scale.
In addition, SSHS employees enjoy a wide range of excellent benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental, and vision plan
- Flexible working hours
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Yearly off-site staff retreat
- Employee education assistance as furthering education is supported
At SSHS we value the happiness of our team and host regular social events over the year including seasonal summer BBQ’s and Christmas parties, charity fundraisers, and monthly off-site get-togethers.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative and growing company, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that is dedicated to improving the lives of many people while promoting personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
If you believe you have what it takes to help our 5 year Community Health & Wellness Plan a success, Apply Now!