Office and Projects Administrator
The Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association based at 50 Driveway, Ottawa On, is seeking a full-time Office and Projects Administrator.
Summary of Function:
Reporting to the Executive Director, and accountable to the Board of Directors, the Office and Projects Administrator (O.P.A.) is the primary employee overseeing internal administrative functions and is responsible for supporting all aspect of the Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association by providing efficient day to day handling of all administrative aspects, including following all projects to ensure they meet acceptable standards and requirements set out by the Board of Directors. The O.P.A. is a senior support for the organization’s internal operations.
- Respond effectively to the daily needs and operations of the office ie: filing, paperwork, keys, phone setup, security, training and orientation, and office policy and procedures
- Provide human resource support by way of filing and maintaining salary changes, end of probation periods, anniversary dates of employment, scheduling, and contracts
- Track, monitor and maintain accurate expense and revenue reporting to support accurate bookkeeping, accounting and financial reporting, including assisting with the annual financial audit
- Provide reports as needed to stakeholders and funding agencies
- Respond to all communications
- Conference and event planning, including preparation of documents and locating venues, securing quotes for A/V, simultaneous interpretation., and translation
- Obtain quotes and negotiate best pricing for office equipment and related services
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate Degree in a related discipline (Business/Public Admin,etc) and/or a combination of academic and direct work experience
- Minimum five (5) years experience in community-based non-profit environment
- Minimum four (4) years in an office management position
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual is a key asset (oral/written)
- Excellent administrative skills, highly organized with clear ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in contract management
- Maintaining confidentiality as a term of employment
- Knowledge of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, and a working knowledge of website maintenance. Knowledge of QuickBooks is an asset
This is an office environment where travel is required outside usual office hours. The Office and Projects Administrator may be required to work overtime hours from time to time. The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $47,000 annually.
Deadline to apply: MONDAY AUGUST 25, 2017
Apply with cover letter and resume to the Executive Director email@example.com