OFFICE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE INSTRUCTOR
Classification: College Instructor
Full-Time Term Position: August 21, 2017 to June 15, 2018
Split Lake, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires an Office Assistant Instructor to teach into the Office Assistant Certificate program in Tataskweyak (Split Lake), Manitoba. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, maintenance of applicable inventory, curriculum review/development and other administrative tasks.
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration/Office Assistant combined with a minimum of 5 years of office experience or a combination of education and experience as it relates to the position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Previous instructional experience
- Experience with filing and records management Experience with accounting
- Effective communication skills Excellent interpersonal skills Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Ability to work independently and proceed with goals of the program
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience and understanding working with mature students, students from Aboriginal and multi-cultural backgrounds
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Master’s degree in Business Administration/Office Administration
- Certificate/Degree in Adult Education
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada Must obtain CAE within 5 years of employment
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-050
Closing Date: July 28, 2017, however will remain open until position filled
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.