Webequie First Nation Education Authority is accepting applicants for:
- One (1) Grade 5 Teacher
- One (1) Grade 10 Teacher (all subjects)
For the Simon Jacob Memorial Education Centre. The contract is for the remainder of the 2016-17 school year with a possible extension.
Webequie First Nation is located on Winisk Lake, 540 kilometers north of Thunder Bay, ON. Simon Jacob Memorial Education Centre is operated by the Webequie First Nation Education Authority and has been under local control for over 14 years. The facility accommodates students from Kindergarten to Grade
- The school is designed to promote a sense of pride of heritage to the students and has taken a proactive approach to implementing First Nation content into its curriculum.
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register
- Special Education qualifications
- 3 years of successful teaching experience
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience living in northern communities and working in First Nation schools
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application containing a cover letter, a resume (including 3 most recent education-related references and a recent performance assessment), and a statement of your philosophy of education, with specific reference to First Nations education.
Please submit your application by fax or email to:
Webequie Education Authority
P.O. Box 265
Attn: Ennis Jacob, Education Director
Fax: (807) 353-1306
Phone: (807) 353-9942
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.